Copy ONLY Files in Subfolders AND Files within New Subfolder

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Hi

I have a rule mostly working, but it needs a little fine tuning. I need to copy files that are in a subfolder to another folder. That part I have working. The other part is, I need any files within a subfolder copied when that new subfolder is added to the original parent folder. Something like this:

Parent_Folder_to_be_Copied_From
--Subfolder
--- Filetobecopied.xx

Parent_Folder_to_be_Copied_To
--Copy_of_Filetobecopied.xx

Sometimes a new subfolder with file(s) will be added to the folder Parent_Folder_to_be_Copied_From. I need those new files copied to Parent_Folder_to_be_Copied_To, but only the files within the new folder. Not the subfolder. It should only ever have one subfolder within the parent. I don't think it will ever go deeper than one.

Here is how my rule is currently setup and the monitored folder is Parent_Folder_to_be_Copied_From

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/3v6kipgw ... 298l1&dl=0
getthething

I'm not clear on the problem here. Can you provide more concrete examples of what is going on?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Hopefully this is more clear. So, I have a folder called "ebooks" and within that folder there are subfolders for each author. Like so:

ebooks
- Stephen King
-- The Shining

- Michael Crichton
-- Jurassic Park

I would like any of the book files to be copied into the top level of another folder called "Calibre Library", containing no subfolders. I would also like any new book files added to an existing author folder to copy over. Which I think have working. The piece I don't have working is when a new author subfolder is added. So say a brand new folder for "George Orwell" containing a book file "1984" is added, I would like 1984 copied to the top level of "Calibre Library".

So:

ebooks
- Stephen King
-- The Shining

- Michael Crichton
-- Jurassic Park

Becomes:

ebooks
- Stephen King
-- The Shining

- Michael Crichton
-- Jurassic Park

- George Orwell

And the Calibre folder becomes:

Calibre
- The Shining
- Jurassic Park

And then anytime a new author folder or a new file to an existing author folder is added it will copy the book files to the Calibre folder.
getthething

For the cases where it's copying the folder, can you go through the troubleshooting guide here? https://www.noodlesoft.com/kb/hazel-tro ... ing-guide/

Report back with the results of that.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support