Hazel not running rules automatically

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Hazel not running rules automatically Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:30 pm • by philcollins1000
I am running a Mac mini M2 Pro and Sonoma - Hazel build 5.2.2

Since I moved to the Mac mini I have had a real issue running rules - sometimes some of them run, most of the time they don't with a "run rules" force and occasionally they won't run at all.

If I could work out how to attach screen shots then life would be a bit easier - instead I'll try and explain them... I can see the file is matched - green ticks throughout... If I run the "check rules" it correctly identifies the file and indicates that the rule should run.

However, 2 things are odd - the log file shows that the file was moved from my downloads folder (using a different rule) into my Holding folder but nothing has happened since. The "run rules" in the dropdown within Hazel is also greyed out. That's not the case if I go to the top menu bar of my Mac - that still "allows' run rules although there is no indication that anything s happening... And the file stays exactly where it is.

I suspect the experience with this file is the same with all the others that are failing. Any thoughts?

And if you can tell me how to attach screen shots I'll gladly send them - I know I've done so before but came for the life of me see where to do it now!!

Cheers - thanks for the help.
philcollins1000

Re: Hazel not running rules automatically Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:45 am • by Mr_Noodle
Note: you posted this in the Forums/Site discussion which is not the appropriate place. That is for issues regarding this site and/or the forums itself. I've moved your post here.

You can post images to a third party site (imgur.com if you don't have your own cloud service) and then include them in your post here. Please go through the troubleshooting guide here: https://www.noodlesoft.com/kb/hazel-tro ... ing-guide/
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support