Google Drive moving to Bin

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Google Drive moving to Bin Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:03 pm • by RobynF
I've been a long time Hazel user and this has just started happening. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

It seemed that Hazel's full disk access was revoked (Ventura 13.5).
I'm unable to change this. It's greyed out in Privacy>Files and Folders. Although, Privacy>Full Disk Access it is turned on.

So, assuming there was an issue with Hazel accessing the downloads folder, it appeared it could still access Google Drive. I set up Automator to move the files to Google Drive and allowed Hazel to take over from there.

However, this brought in a new issue where files were being moved the Google Drive, and then moved to the Bin. I can't get my head around this and I decided to go backwards rather than try to solve another issue.

Currently, I have deleted Automator, so fully relying on Hazel. Hazel is still not reading my Downloads folder (although the eye icon says it is). It won't make changes to file name or move a file, so I believe it is not actually actioning anything in Downloads, perhaps due to access. My next step will probably be to try to give Hazel access to another folder (named Download2) and set up all browsers to download there, but before I go down the route of another workaround, I wanted to check in here.

I rely heavily on Hazel to do all my filing :) moving docs from downloads to client folders and then into subfolders. Although not a complicated design, it is an integral part of my workflow and will appreciate any advice you have.
RobynF

Re: Google Drive moving to Bin Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:40 am • by Mr_Noodle
Can you go through the troubleshooting guide here and post results of all diagnostics listed there? https://www.noodlesoft.com/kb/hazel-tro ... ing-guide/
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support