Feature request: working with groups of folders

Talk, speculate, discuss, pontificate. As long as it pertains to Hazel.

Moderators: Mr_Noodle, Moderators

Similar to my other request, it would be nice to be able to work on groups of folders in the left hand pane. For example, I have several folders with sets of rules to handle personal files, similarly for work and for managing my photo collection.

I have come up with a way to separate them visually using suitably named folders:
But it is kind of clunky.

It would be nice if there was a a built in separator that could be used.

Even better, it would be great to have a way to select one of these groups, or multiple folders, to pause/unpause them.
Dave61

Grouping folders is already on the feature list. That said, could you describe the folders you have and how you would need to group them?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Mr_Noodle wrote:That said, could you describe the folders you have and how you would need to group them?
I have three main groups, one each for managing work files, my photos, and other personal files. I use Hazel mostly to standardise names and then sort files to the correct folder. The workflows for each group are similar, but not identical. A file is likely travel through a couple of folders before it lands in (hopefully) in the right one.

My primary use case relates to pausing rules. When working on the rules for a folder that is in one of the groups I would like to pause/unpause Hazel for all of the related folders.
Dave61

Return to Open Discussion