Hazel Roadmap

The latest noodlings

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Hazel Roadmap Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:37 am • by Mr_Noodle
I thought I'd post the current roadmap for Hazel. I'll try and keep this posted updated as things change but hopefully this will give you an idea of what to expect when. Note that these are projections and can and will change so don't consider anything here a commitment of any sort.

As with every summer, focus is on compatibility with the next version of macOS. Catalina is currently in beta and Hazel 4.4 is planned by the time Catalina ships in the Fall, or some time soon afterwards. As of yet, I see no new features in Catalina that Hazel can take advantage of. Note that 4.4 will drop support for macOS 10.11, requiring 10.12. In addition, because of compatibility issues, Growl support will also be dropped.

As with any point release, this will be a free update.

I am hoping to release Hazel 5. Main feature is list and table support, which should help in cutting down a lot of repetitive rules. I'm shooting for the Spring but there are a lot of variables in play so we'll see how it goes.

As of now, the plan is to drop support for iPhoto and Aperture in version 5 so please be prepared for that eventuality.

Being a major release, this will be a paid upgrade. Pricing has not been determined yet.

If you haven't already, please consider enabling the sending of system profile info from Hazel: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1717

The data from this helps me decide which features and OS versions to support or stop supporting. This is your way of voting for your particular configuration. The data is kept private and only reported in aggregate, if at all.

If you have any questions or comments about the timeline, post them in the Open Discussion thread. Since this post will be updated over time, I don't want to have outdated posts under it.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Announcements