How to organize images to folders, using creation time?

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Hello! May be some smart folks there can help me to organize images to folders, using creation time span?
Ill try to explain. Every day I shot images, but it is a separate events (from zero, to 3-4 events per day). When you shoot one event, between images creation time usually not more than 15 minutes, may be 20, but often less. So, It will be great to sort images to 1 folder per event. Is it possible with hazel? THANKS
GetUp

Unless you use something like grouping by day, I don't think you can accomplish this without writing a script.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Mr_Noodle wrote:Unless you use something like grouping by day, I don't think you can accomplish this without writing a script.

Hello, thank you, it's already grouping by date. Where I can get help with scripts? I know nothing about it
GetUp

You have several options but AppleScript is probably the best bet. I'd suggest searching around resources for that.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

The forum at https://forum.latenightsw.com/ is a good place to go for AppleScript help. It's run by the company that created Script Debugger, but they'll answer other AppleScript-related questions as well.
luomat

Return to Support