Share Solved Problems

Discussions about the Noodlesoft forums and site in general.
Share Solved Problems Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:58 pm • by jswright61
I know people use Hazel for all kinds of different things. I'm hoping many other users use Hazel to properly name and or tag statements downloaded from online institutions - Like bank account and credit card statements. I'd like to start a thread where users post their solution for files downloaded from various banks. My guess is that there are enough people downloading from many of the same institutions so that what works for one person's Bank of America statement download will help many. I think it's a great way to see innovative approaches, or just plug in a solution that works. Could be a great resource for new users as well to jumpstart their workflows.

I know everyone will have slightly different naming conventions - some will utilize date based folder structures, etc. I don't think this matters too much. I think the user base of Hazel can make adjustments pretty easily. I also realize that some identifying characteristics are unique to the individual and possibly sensitive. I personally think the last 4 of an account number is sufficient with the source url to uniquely identify an account, and I don't regard the last 4 as sensitive. Reasonable people may disagree on this.

If Mr. Noodle is ok with this, I will launch a thread to start things off.
jswright61

Re: Share Solved Problems Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:35 am • by Mr_Noodle
I suggest you post in the open forum, or if you have a solution, post it in the Tips forum, which is made for that type of thing.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Forum/Site Discussion