Updated to Mojave and Hazel lost all rules

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Updated to Mojave and Hazel lost all rules Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:56 pm • by dub
I updated to Mojave, after updating, Hazel popped up to have an update. I updated, seemed fine, but asked if I wanted to remove old files, I checked ok, but gave an error message it failed. I ignored it. then about 5 minutes later, it said it had another update, i clicked ok, updated, and relaunched, no rules. All the rules have disappeared. I have Time Machine backups, I went into ~/Library/Application Support, and restored those Hazel files, I also restored ~/Library/Preferences/com.hazel.* I now have the folders, but still no rules. Please help me to restore my latest rule set.

thanks!
dub

I have the same issue, and it thinks I am in demo trial mode too. I reinstalled the license (version 4) but the Folders and Rules did not come back with it.
I'm hoping that the Hazel version in my other Mac still has the Folders and Rules when it comes up (still installing Mojave, booting up).
coffeebear58

There was a bug in 4.3 which would cause the prompt to show up. This has been fixed in 4.3.1.

To restore your rules, follow this guide: https://www.noodlesoft.com/kb/restoring ... m-backups/
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Mr_Noodle wrote:There was a bug in 4.3 which would cause the prompt to show up. This has been fixed in 4.3.1.

To restore your rules, follow this guide: https://www.noodlesoft.com/kb/restoring ... m-backups/

I tried this and unfortunatley it is corrunpted...Image
noeltykay

Try restoring only the preferences, not the application support files. Does the list of folders show up when you do that?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

I have the same problem. After updating to Mojave, Hazel stopped working. no error prompt or anything else simply no reaction to run rules now. i reinstalled several times but i cant get it back to work. it shows the folders but the rules are not there. i reinstalled the preferences only. didnt work. reinstalled the application folder and the preferences. didnt work. what am i'm missing.
theduke99

Did you follow the guide posted above? It's important that you deal with cfprefsd.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

yes i did
theduke99

Can you email the files in to support?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support