(Serious) Bug: sync popups spamming screen

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

(Serious) Bug: sync popups spamming screen Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:11 am • by bosie
Hi,

I have tens of folders for which i have setup a sync file. the sync files are in a dropbox folder. for some reason all of them now have a red exclamation mark next to them (no clue why).
The problem now though is that hazel just keeps informing me with a dialog popup that folder XYZ cannot be synced. For every folder. All the time as long as i have hazel open. I had thousands of those popups open, had to kill hazel and restart my computer to get rid of them.
I can now not open hazel anymore because i would run into the same problem. Hence i cannot figure out why the sync has problems in the first place.
That seems to be a serious bug and a terrible UI on top of that.
bosie

Can you post screenshots of this? Also, check the logs. Launch Console and enter System Preferences into the search field. Trigger the error and see what messages appear.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: (Serious) Bug: sync popups spamming screen Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:16 pm • by bosie
Thankfully i managed to kill hazel and not have it restart on login. That way i could open it and have now set the correct sync files. The error is therefor gone. I have no intention of going back ;) Took already way too long to fix this.
bosie

If it happens again, please provide the info requested as not much else I can do without it.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: (Serious) Bug: sync popups spamming screen Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:42 pm • by bosie
Noodle, there is. Remove the code path that leads to a gazillion blocking popups when the sync file for a given directory is wacky.
bosie

It helps to know the trigger.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support