Sorting files created in certain time intervalls

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Hi,

I work as a location scout and recently discovered the very helpful Hazel to speed up my workflow. I now currently have a working Hazel workflow that automatically finds pictures on my SD card taken the last 8 hours and copy the files to dropbox and make folders named with the creation date. Absolutely wonderful :D

Now I would like to take it one step further. I now want to sort files taken within a certain intervall within the last 8 hours. I will try to explain why I want this. When I'm out scouting locations I will for example go to 3 different locations on the same day. Typically there is a certain time gap between when these images are taken since I need to physically move to a new location. I basically want to separate these files in their one folders. I want the script to check if there is more than 15 minutes since the last picture in the sequence has been taken then it should sort it to a new folder.

EXAMPLE:

Location 1:
img1 10:43
img2 10:44
img3 10:44
img4 10:45
img5 10:53

Location 2:
img6 11:34
img7 11:38
img8 11:36

etc..

Any help and tips on this is very helpful!

Thanks!
Jonas
locationjonas

I've moved the topic here as it's not appropriate in the Tips & Tricks forum. In the future, please do not post questions there.

As for your issue, you may need a script for that as it's specialized logic and not sure if it's possible with the built-in conditions. Alternatively, if it is based on location, you can try filtering on the geolocation data instead which may be more reliable.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support