New Rule won't stay enabled

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

New Rule won't stay enabled Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:32 pm • by Jill
I'm having a weird issue where a new rule that I've just created won't stay enabled. The checkbox is definitely checked when I close the Hazel window, but moments later I open Hazel and the checkbox is unchecked. Any idea what might be causing this??

The rule itself is very simple: If the name contains certain text, move the file to a certain folder. I have much more complex rules that are working perfectly, but for some reason Hazel is not letting me add a new rule. Is there a limit to the number of rules that can be applied to a folder? Any other ideas of what might be going on?
Jill

Re: New Rule won't stay enabled Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:32 am • by Mr_Noodle
Are you running the latest version of Hazel (4.2.6)? Also, are you copying an existing rule or creating a new one from scratch?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: New Rule won't stay enabled Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:12 pm • by Jill
Yes, I'm running version 4.2.6. I've tried both ways - first duplicating an existing order, and then creating from scratch. Neither one will stay enabled.
Jill

Re: New Rule won't stay enabled Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:59 am • by Mr_Noodle
Are you syncing the rules? Also, if you create a new rule, quit System Preferences and restart it, are the new rules still there?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: New Rule won't stay enabled Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:36 pm • by Jill
Yes, I am syncing the rules, and it looks like that was the issue somehow. I exported all of my synced rules (including the new one), and then completely deleted the rules and re-imported them. I also created a new sync file. That seemed to fix the problem! Now when I close Hazel and reopen it, the new rule stays enabled.

Thanks for your help!
Jill

Return to Support