Hazel not acting on files that match criteria

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Hazel not acting on files that match criteria Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:54 am • by sebags
Hey there.
I have Hazel installed on both my MacBook Air and my iMac (with Fusion Drive). Rules are synced between computers using iCloud as well as the files.

I have installed MacOS X High Sierra on both computers and running the latest Hazel version.

On my MacBook Air rules work perfectly. On the other side on my iMac, rules that match the criteria (confirmed using the Preview function) don’t act on some files.

Can someone confirm if this is a bug happening on to others and Howe have you solved it?

Thanks!

Best,
Sebastian
sebags

Do you have both Hazel instances operating on the same set of files? I would not recommend that as the two will fight against each other and result in confusing behavior.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Mr_Noodle wrote:Do you have both Hazel instances operating on the same set of files? I would not recommend that as the two will fight against each other and result in confusing behavior.

Thanks! I don’t necessarily have two instances of Hazel running on the same set of files. Most of the time my MacBook Air is sleeping.
sebags

Have you gone through the troubleshooting guide here? https://www.noodlesoft.com/kb/hazel-tro ... ing-guide/
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support