Content Matching across 2 lines of text...

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Content Matching across 2 lines of text... Tue May 29, 2018 1:17 am • by CPS_Melb
I would like to be able to rename files using the billing date on scanned and OCR'd pdf files.

I frequently find the 'Billing Date' text that I would want to use as a 'field' when searching for the date is on a line above the actual date I want.

I have tried a few things like specifying the number of occurrences so that the correct date is specified and this works occasionally (possibly because a number of bills from the same supplier don't have uniform date formats in the dates preceding the date information I need).

Is there a way within hazel to specify the preceding text on the line above and then indicate the data needed is on the line below ?
CPS_Melb

Try using a space between "Billing Date" and the date. The space will match linebreaks as well. Make sure to use the preview function to check the file contents. Even if it looks like separate lines, it may not be like that in the actual text stream or there could be intervening text.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support