Remove all emoji characters from filename

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Remove all emoji characters from filename Tue May 15, 2018 5:03 pm • by boutwell
This is a relatively new one for me. I have a few actions set up to add videos to my home Plex server via Dropbox. Some of the funny videos I grab for my daughter have emoji in the filename and thus will not upload to Dropbox or OneDrive. Is there a way to filter ALL of these out of the filename without have to actually paste each emoji into the rule?

Just renaming them altogether with something random (and thus losing any identifying information) is all I could come up with so I thought I would ask the pros!

I pasted some example emoji but phpBB likes them just as much as Dropbox does, so please use your imagination! :)
boutwell

Re: Remove all emoji characters from filename Wed May 16, 2018 10:45 am • by Mr_Noodle
I can't think of a good way of doing that without having to enter all the emoji. The alternative is to write a script to do that and hook that into Hazel.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Remove all emoji characters from filename Wed May 16, 2018 10:51 am • by boutwell
I feared as much. Thanks for the reply all the same. I have loved Hazel for many years now :)
boutwell

Return to Support