New OS beta support

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

New OS beta support Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:17 am • by FOOOD
I guess we can't talk too much about the new OS beta recently released. But just wondering if you plan to update compatibility with that and Hazel before it's final release? I have noticed some problems.
FOOOD

Re: New OS beta support Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:12 pm • by Flynntargart
I found a few minor UI errors, but all my rules continue to work :)
Flynntargart

Re: New OS beta support Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:52 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Email me with any specific problems.

Yes, I will be looking into getting Hazel ready for Lion. Barring some insurmountable problem, it will be there for 3.0. The issue is whether I will devote the time and resources to also getting the 2.x line up to speed. I can't say anything either way now but we will see how the schedules pan out.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: New OS beta support Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:57 pm • by devo777
Any updates on this? I currently can't add or edit rules in Lion. Perhaps a beta is on it's way?
devo777

Re: New OS beta support Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:07 pm • by Mr_Noodle
I can't comment too much on specifics but it appears to be an Apple bug. I've filed a report with them. I could do a workaround but I find it not a good use of time to keep patching a moving target especially when the bug is on their end. I'm going to wait until at least another seed is released.

I don't think it's a good idea to be using any beta OS for any real work. If you absolutely must have edited rules with Hazel on Lion, I suggest you edit them on a different system and export/import the rule that way. It's inconvenient but given the unstable nature of a beta OS, this type of thing is to be expected.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: New OS beta support Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:11 pm • by Mr_Noodle
For those following this, it seems that Apple may have fixed the bug. I suggest you try again with the latest DP2 release.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: New OS beta support Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:21 am • by FOOOD
Yes. Just tried it and it now works, thanks.
FOOOD

Re: New OS beta support Wed May 09, 2012 6:04 am • by Jono
I'm using the latest version and it crashes every time I launch the preference pane, fine with Lion though.

If I remove the plist file from ~/Library/Preferences/ and the Hazel folder from ~/Library/Application Support/ it doesn't crash (I didn't try creating any new rules though).
I couldn't find any crash reports but if you want me to try anything or send any other reports let me know.

[edit]There are crash logs, under System Preferences that show info about Hazel.[/edit]
Jono

Re: New OS beta support Wed May 09, 2012 3:31 pm • by Mr_Noodle
You understand this thread is an old one pertaining to Lion?

If you are having problems with Mountain Lion, please email me the crash logs. Keep in mind, though, that ML support is not a high priority now but it will be later on when it's closer to release.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: New OS beta support Thu May 10, 2012 6:28 am • by Jono
Ooops, I saw the "new OS beta" title and thought it was for ML.

I understand it isn't high priority yet. I'll send the logs in case it proves helpful.
Jono

Return to Support