Sync across multiple Macs

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Sync across multiple Macs Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:19 am • by Tiff_Sunbacon
Is it possible to have Hazel running on two separate Macs? All my folders are on Dropbox.
Tiff_Sunbacon

Re: Sync across multiple Macs Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:47 am • by Mr_Noodle
Do you mean two Macs operate on the same files in Dropbox? I'd advise against it as they could end up confusing/fighting against each other. If you can guarantee that only one of them is running at any time, then that should work but having them run simultaneously could cause all sorts of problems.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Sync across multiple Macs Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:24 am • by Tiff_Sunbacon
Good advice. Thank you.

Mr_Noodle wrote:Do you mean two Macs operate on the same files in Dropbox? I'd advise against it as they could end up confusing/fighting against each other. If you can guarantee that only one of them is running at any time, then that should work but having them run simultaneously could cause all sorts of problems.
Tiff_Sunbacon

Re: Sync across multiple Macs Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:02 am • by hanguolaohu
How about with iCloud? Every time I get a new Mac, it seems a hassle to sync the Hazel rule files. During a search on the support portion of the website I couldn't find any mention of a complete lack of sync support. So the standard procedure is export rules and import, every time?
hanguolaohu

Re: Sync across multiple Macs Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:13 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Can you send me the link to that article? With version 4, you can sync rules. There's a chapter in the manual on it.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support