Hazel Stopped Working

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Hazel Stopped Working Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:32 pm • by andihawes
Dear Noodelsoft,

Hazel has stopped working. I have restarted machine, clicked 'Start' in the System Prefs pane. This has never happened before and not sure how to stop and start the service?

Any help gratefully received.
andihawes

Re: Hazel Stopped Working Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:51 am • by Mr_Noodle
What happens if you click start? Does the button turn to "Stop"?

If your rules are not working then I suggest you go through the troubleshooting guide here: https://www.noodlesoft.com/kb/hazel-tro ... ing-guide/
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Hazel Stopped Working Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:48 pm • by andihawes
Nothing happens. Hazel does not start. Button does not turn to stop.

Last 2 lof entries are: 'Deregistering' and 'Done'...?? Why did it deregister me? Assume im still registered and licenced?
andihawes

Re: Hazel Stopped Working Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:53 am • by Mr_Noodle
That isn't related to your license but instead has to do with certain Hazel processes registering with each other.

First off, try rebooting and seeing if that fixes anything.

If not, then launch System Preferences and go to "Users & Groups"->"Login Items". See if there are more than one instance of HazelHelper in the list. If so, then right-click on each one and do "Show in Finder". Report back with the locations of each.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Hazel Stopped Working Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:22 pm • by PcB8H9WXqQXGjsL4
Mr_Noodle wrote:That isn't related to your license but instead has to do with certain Hazel processes registering with each other.

First off, try rebooting and seeing if that fixes anything.

If not, then launch System Preferences and go to "Users & Groups"->"Login Items". See if there are more than one instance of HazelHelper in the list. If so, then right-click on each one and do "Show in Finder". Report back with the locations of each.

I have the exact same issue and do have multiple instances of HazelHelper. Here are the locations of each:

Macintosh HD>Library>PreferencePanes>Hazel (1551).prefPane>Contents>MacOS>HazelHelper
Macintosh HD>Library>PreferencePanes>Hazel.prefPane>Contents>MacOS>HazelHelper

I'm assuming the (1551) is some kind of error--how do I go about fixing it?
PcB8H9WXqQXGjsL4

Re: Hazel Stopped Working Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:43 am • by Mr_Noodle
Yes, remove the (1551) copy and reboot. Things should hopefully be working properly after that.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support