Folder in a Folder in a Folder ... argggghhh

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Folder in a Folder in a Folder ... argggghhh Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:17 pm • by logo
I have played with this for a while and give up.
Help anyone

"MacPro"
one of the internal drives called "CCC"
folder on CCC called "FFF"
folder in FFF called "DDD"
"set label DDD to red"

thanks.
Its making my head hurt :)

posting.php?mode=post&f=4&sid=b3eb44e15137fa9e4ac9da286172f55e#
logo

Your link just opens to a blank new topic screen.

We need more information, which folder are you running the rule on? What is happening vs what you think should happen? What is your condition (ie, for kind folder or if name is "name_name") before your action to set label?
dhy8386

Re: Folder in a Folder in a Folder ... argggghhh Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:48 pm • by logo
I don't know what that link is. I didn't put it in there.posting.php?mode=reply&f=4&t=941#

All my questions are above.
logo

Re: Folder in a Folder in a Folder ... argggghhh Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:15 pm • by sjk
logo wrote:I don't know what that link is. I didn't put it in there.

Both of your replies have a URL in them that opens a new reply buffer. You must have somehow added it, maybe with an unintended copy/paste?

logo wrote:All my questions are above.

dhy8386 asked you some questions for more info, which you didn't answer.
sjk

Re: Folder in a Folder in a Folder ... argggghhh Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:42 pm • by logo
Sorry about not answering your questions. I didn't see them.

Right now I am using Safari with Snow Leopard, hit the reply button and am typing this message. When I get done, I will click submit. If a random URL gets put in my post, I am puzzled as to what I should be doing differently than typing and clicking. I am not inserting or pasting a link. Ignore it?

Maybe I will make more sense this way

Lizard <---- my drive running OSX
ck <---- an addl internal hard drive with my work
best client <---- each client has it's own folder
job folder <---- each job gets it's own folder
design <---- each job folder gets a design folder
proofs <---- each job folder gets a proofs folder
art <---- each job folder gets a art folder

For now I just want to the "design," "proofs," and "art" folder to get a different colored label.

I can't seem to get Hazel to look into a folder inside a folder. I have messed with the "Run rules on folder content" and various numbers of "Subfolder depth" but no luck

As far as the mystery URL, I will go back and look at how my account is set up. Getting ready to hit submit so lets see if it shows up
logo

That is more helpful. Still not 100% certain on your setup but ill make some assumptions and you can modify to fit your environment.

I am assuming CK has a folder on it called Clients. Within the Client folder each Client has a folder (ie Client 1, Client 2, etc). Within each Client folder you have a Jobs folders (Job A, Job B, Job C). Within each Job folder, you will have a Design, Proofs, and Art folders.

You only need to run the rules on one folder, the main Clients folder.

Rules, in the following order:

Rule 1
If name contains Design
Set color label to Red

Rule 2
If name contains Proofs
Set color label to Blue

Rule 3
If name contains Art
Set color label to Green

Rule 4
If kind is folder
Run rules on subfolders

That should work. The subfolder rule needs to be last otherwise it will match the on the different subfolders and hazel will stop.
dhy8386

Re: Folder in a Folder in a Folder ... argggghhh Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:55 am • by logo
THANKS! It worked.
logo

Return to Support