Problem with mounted cloud drive

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Problem with mounted cloud drive Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:03 pm • by lostinthewoods
Hi

I've recently started using CloudMounter to access my Dropbox account and since the switch, Hazel won't fire any of the rules I had working previously when it was mounted via the Dropbox app.

I have re-pointed the rules to the new folder locations but still nothing triggers.

I enabled Debug mode and this message keeps coming up...

Code: Select all
DEBUG: Folder /Users/dan/Library/Containers/com.eltima.cloudmounter.mas/Data/.CMVolumes/Dropbox/Photos/Cloud is currently unschedulable.
2018-02-05 4:53:47.771 pm HazelHelper[295] DEBUG: Mount table: {(
    "/Volumes/Preboot",
    "/",
    "/Volumes/Recovery",
    "/private/var/vm"
)}

Any thoughts on a fix?

Thanks!
lostinthewoods

Re: Problem with mounted cloud drive Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:57 am • by Mr_Noodle
Not familiar with how CloudMounter works. Is there a reason why you are using that over the Dropbox app?

What does the following Terminal command output?

ls -ld /Users/dan/Library/Containers/com.eltima.cloudmounter.mas/Data/.CMVolumes/Dropbox/Photos/Cloud
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Problem with mounted cloud drive Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:41 pm • by lostinthewoods
I have limited SSD space so CloudMounter links your Dropbox as an external drive which means you can access it but it doesn't Sync to the machine, freeing up disk space.

Terminal returned:

Code: Select all
drwxrwxrwx  1 dan  staff  0  6 Feb 17:39 /Users/dan/Library/Containers/com.eltima.cloudmounter.mas/Data/.CMVolumes/Dropbox/Photos/Cloud

Unless there's a way of using the Dropbox app and Hazel but not use Sync?

Thanks!
lostinthewoods

Re: Problem with mounted cloud drive Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:41 pm • by Mr_Noodle
The files have to be present on the local disk for Hazel to process them. Most of the solutions (like iCloud) which try and trick things into being partially in the cloud tend to not work very well.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support