Destination folder unavailable

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Destination folder unavailable Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:48 am • by astou
I am downloading bank (and other) statements to my downloads folder and have rules to rename them based on a few criteria and then move them to a folder and then sort into a subfolder based on DateMatch.

Everything was working fine until I upgraded to MacOS High Sierra a few months ago. I backed up Hazel by exporting rules and then restored my rules after I upgraded and since then I've been having some issues.

Now, when I download the statement to my downloads folder Hazel renames the files in the folder with no problem but always gives me an error that the move failed because the destination folder is unavailable (although the destination folder exists). The destination folder is on the same drive - it's just a folder/subfolder within my documents and already exists.

I have numerous rules set up the same way and all are giving me the same issue. I've been manually moving the files over for a few months but figured I paid money for Hazel and it's such a great software that I should learn how to use it the proper way.

Any suggestions on what might be causing this issue? I can post the log or a screen capture of my rules if that helps.

Thanks!
astou

Re: Destination folder unavailable Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:43 am • by Mr_Noodle
Try resetting the destination folders of your rules. I'm guessing something in your procedure manage to confuse the internal aliases pointing to them.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support