SABnzbd support

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

SABnzbd support Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:52 am • by DJMurtz
I've been trying to setup Hazel to copy my TV shows - downloaded with SABnzbd - to my external HDD.

I've found a few tutorials on this forum and elsewhere but none where specific for SABnzbd TV shows and they never really worked.

I currently have a pretty basic setup that seemed to work, but apparently it doesn't work 100%.

This is my current rule:

Code: Select all
Look in: "TV"

IF
Date created - is not in the last - 2 hours

THEN
Move file - to folder - Series (If file exists - replace)

Now this seemed to work, but what I found out was that it actually removed old episodes from the different show folders. So f.e. if I had

NCIS/Season 01/Episode 01/NCIS S01E01.mkv

and I downloaded episode 2

Hazel would actually remove the entire NCIS directory and replaced it with the new one, which meant E01 was now in the trash and E02 had been moved to the external HDD.

Now I guess this has something to do with me selecting "If file exists - Replace", but the "If file exists - Rename" isn't what I need, what I really need is "If file exists - Override".

Can this be done somehow, or is there a different path I can take to make sure new episodes are correctly moved?

Thanks in advance.
DJMurtz

Re: SABnzbd support Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:56 pm • by Mr_Noodle
That rule will also match folders, including the NCIS one so it's moving the whole NCIS folder and replacing the old one. I suspect that's what's happening. If I understand what you are trying to do then you'd want to:

1. Descend into subfolders. See this article: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=470

2. Look for the episode file and move it (not the folder at the top) to the top level of the destination.

3. Do sort into subfolders and use the "Source folder" attribute to re-create the folder structure. See the help for details on how this works.

Give the above a try and report back.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support