Manually Uninstall Hazel?

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Manually Uninstall Hazel? Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:54 am • by livedream
How can I manually uninstall Hazel?

I installed the trial a few days ago and have since got a new computer where i transferred my data over from my previous computer.
Now when I launch Hazel from System Preferences all I get is a blank pane (with Loading Hazel... in the title bar) meaning I can't use the uninstall button to remove it (why you don't include the uninstaller in the dmg file like many other developers I don't know).

So, essentially I have a messed up installation of Hazel with no easy way of fully uninstalling it. I've already tried removing the prefpane and reinstalling the latest version but the problem persists.

Edit: Installing the latest version in another user account works so i'm guessing it's some fragment of hazel in my primary account that's somehow corrupt or something
livedream

Re: Manually Uninstall Hazel? Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:35 am • by Mr_Noodle
It's not a separate uninstaller because no one ever keeps those around. If you want to reinstall, instead of uninstalling completely and losing all your settings:

- Quit System Preferences.
- Go to your Library/PreferencePanes folder and throw away Hazel.prefPane
- Download the latest version from the site.
- Move the new Hazel.prefPane to Library/PreferencePanes
- Launch System Preferences and load up Hazel.

If you just want to uninstall it, right click on the icon in System Preferences and it will give you the option to remove it. If you want to remove the support files, you can also remove Library/Application Support/Hazel and any files in Library/Preferences that start with com.noodlesoft.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support