Copying large files folders with multiple rules problematic?

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

This issue just popped up in my workflow. I download a file from a torrent site that is comprised of lets say 10 large MKV files (~1GB each). All files after downloaded get placed into one folder in my Downloads folder. My first rule copies (not moves) any files/folders downloaded into this Downloads folder into another folder called Processing. I have rules that run on the Processing folder that look for certain extensions and move the files to their respective folders where they are then processed for encoding. Here is the issue, when the process runs, the copy begins. But the rules that run on the Processing folder kick in before the copying is done (which seemingly would be ok) and start to move the respective files. But this causes the copying to end prematurely. For example, Folder A holds files 1 through 10. Folder A is copied to the Processed Folder. As that begins, File 1 is moved to the MKV Encode folder per my Processing folder rule. However, no other files are then copied to the Processing folder (files 2-10). The net result is 1 file copied and then respectively moved to the right folder.

In the log it just says copy rule run and no errors. Any ideas why this is occurring?

If i pause the Processing rules or change the rule from Date Added is after Date Last Matched as a condition to Date Added not in last 15 mins (to be safe) everything works fine.

Seems to be its either Hazel having trouble dealing with finder or a finder specific issue but not sure....
dhy8386

Is the processing folder on a different disk than the downloads? Is Hazel doing all moves/copies here or is there a script doing it?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support