Does Hazel work with Air Sharing (Avatron)?

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Does Hazel work with Air Sharing (Avatron)? Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:51 pm • by BCAir
I am just getting into Hazel and have found it a very powerful program. Currently I am trying to get Hazel rules to run with Air Sharing so I can automatically update files on my iPhone. The connection is open, I can drag files onto my iPhone but I cannot get Hazel rules to work. Does anyone have any suggestions?
BCAir

Re: Does Hazel work with Air Sharing (Avatron)? Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:51 pm • by dhy8386
BCAir wrote:I am just getting into Hazel and have found it a very powerful program. Currently I am trying to get Hazel rules to run with Air Sharing so I can automatically update files on my iPhone. The connection is open, I can drag files onto my iPhone but I cannot get Hazel rules to work. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Can you give some more detail about what you are trying to do and where you are running the hazel rules? Are you saying that you are trying to run hazel on a folder on your iphone? You mount it via air sharing and have hazel looking at a specific folder? More detail the easier it is to help
dhy8386

Re: Does Hazel work with Air Sharing (Avatron)? Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:35 pm • by BCAir
Sure. I have folders on my MacBook Pro that I make changes to regularly. I want Hazel to monitor these folders and initially copy these over to the Air Sharing on my iPhone and then for Hazel to make changes on my iPhone as I change files on my MacBook Pro.

I have set up Hazel to monitor these folders and I have set it to copy these folders to the iPhone. When I click run the rules nothing happens. Other rules I have setup work flawlessly. I was inquiring as to whether there were limitation with Hazel or Air Sharing for doing this or whether I am missing something in my rule.

I hope that helps clarify my question.
BCAir

Re: Does Hazel work with Air Sharing (Avatron)? Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:18 am • by BCAir
Worked away at it and discovered it was my rule construction not Hazel or Air Sharing.

Very slick...now my iPhone files will be in sync. Set it and forget it. Hazel works for me.
BCAir

Huh. Not something I've tested but it's good to know that something like this works.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support