Noob Trouble: Rars, Avis, Moving Folders

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Noob Trouble: Rars, Avis, Moving Folders Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:56 am • by nids3rz
Hi,
First off just want to say AMAZING little program you got, just trying it out. If it does this little thing (which I am sure it does, I just can't figure it out yet), I will definitely be buying it.

Ok so hope you understand what I am trying to do...
I have my TV shows set up to download automatically...
If they are incomplete they go to Downloads > Incomplete Torrents
Once completed to Downloads > Complete Torrents > Show.Name[folder]
The shows are in folders and contain rar files.
I have used the sticky and got the first step down.

I have the "Torrents" Folder.

1. So far my rules are: "Look Subfolders" to look in subfolders and run the rules on the folder contents:

2. I then have it to unrar any files in the subfolders and opening the file with the default application.
This creates an avi file.

3. Now here is the problem. I want to move this avi file to another folder TV shows > Show Name > Season
I tried this: (one tree hill is my example)
I would add a rule like this for all my shows with the "name containing"

Since the avi takes a while to be created, Hazel isn't seeing it and isn't moving the file. Any help? Do I create a new rule? Can I add a delay... say "complete this action 2 minutes after the previous action (unraring)"?
I'm stumped.

4. Don't run the rules on that subfolder again... want to keep it there for seeding. Thank you.
-- How do I do this? What rule?

(Not necessary, but want to get the following too:)
Sorry if this is over complicated but any help is great appreciated or direction. Once this is done I need to find a way to rename my files using theTVDB.com... have some programs that use that, but I want Hazel to open that program once a new file is added.
Or I want to just run a script to the file moved once this is done...
So once it is in the Season 8 folder, I want to run a script... possible?

Thank you so much for all your help. Truly amazing program!

Also a few other questions... Can I get Hazel to auto-run those rules? Or do I have to click "Run Rules" each time?
nids3rz

Re: Noob Trouble: Rars, Avis, Moving Folders Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:36 pm • by nids3rz
I have sorted out my problems.
Have created new folders and having Hazel watch those folders, etc.

It works for me now. Going to buy the program!
nids3rz

If the file is in a subfolder, it may take a couple minutes before Hazel sees it. This is a limitation of the older file event system Hazel uses. Hazel 3 will use a newer mechanism which should pick up such changes immediately.

If it still doesn't fire after a while, then you may want to check the rule preview and logs. See the troubleshooting thread stickied at the top of this forum.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support