Having issues renaming with #'s

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Having issues renaming with #'s Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:38 am • by jaytdub
I am rather new to Hazel, so I hope this isnt me just missing something totally obvious. My problem is when I set up a rule to rename a group of files with sequential #'s.

I have a TON of images that are named in sequence by my digital camera. However I want to give them a specific name rather than the standard DCBM0081.jpg type name that my camera gives them. So I set up a rule as follows.

If - Name contains - DCBM

Do the do the following - Rename file - with pattern - Lake Powell.2008.( # )(extension)

This works almost as hoped, until the # part. If, for example, I have images DCBM0001-50, the rename will make them Lake Powell.2008.51-101. Then if I run the rule again, it will rename them 102-152 and so on. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to make it start the numbering at 1. I have set the ( # ) rule to no change, and also to 000 and it does the same thing each time.

Hopefully this makes sense, I could really use some help with this, I so many images that I want to organize. Anyway help would be appreciated.
jaytdub

Re: Having issues renaming with #'s Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:13 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Did you use this rule previously to use numbers 1-50? The numbers don't reset as it currently stands (this behavior was by user request).

You can reset it via the commandline. Check this article: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=710&p=2772&hilit=xattr#p2772
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support