Mirror Subfolders

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Mirror Subfolders Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:03 pm • by gkedge
I understand that it is much more likely to apply rules that move items within a set of descending subfolders into different specific set of folders. Odd as it may seem, I am just trying to mirror a subfolder structure. Any new file added to a subfolders below a given folder, I want to copy that newly added file into subfolder of the SAME structure. Mr Noodle alluded to the concept of 'mirroring' a subfolder added to a release last year... Darned if I can figure out how to do it...

Kind Regards,
GKedge
gkedge

Re: Mirror Subfolders Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:20 pm • by Mr_Noodle
It's not quite there yet. There's the "source folder" attribute which you can use in a "Sort into subfolder" action. Look in the help for more details. The problem is that you can do a one time copy but after that point you'll end up with duplicate files on subsequent updates since the "Sort into subfolder" action has no option to replace an existing file. I'm looking to address this in 3.0.

You can set it to copy a whole tree everytime on a periodic basis. Not ideal but the only reliable way to do it for the time being.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support