Rule to separate watched/unwatched shows

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Rule to separate watched/unwatched shows Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:08 pm • by guillermo
Hello, I would like to set up two folders, one for watched and another for unwatched for shows and movies. Is there a way to set up a rule for this using Hazel?

Thank you
guillermo

Re: Rule to separate watched/unwatched shows Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:39 pm • by sjk
What criteria is being used to determine if they're watched/unwatched, and if you already know that status why bother separating them into separate folders? And which folder(s) are they in before they're moved by Hazel (presuming that's what you're wanting it to do)? And which software is used for playback? It's not totally clear to me what you're trying to accomplish.

Using an updated access time to decide if a show's been watched wouldn't be reliable, e.g. what if you stop after watching a few minutes and still want to consider it unwatched.

Seems to me it might be easiest just manually move files to a "watched" folder when you decide they've been watched.
sjk

Re: Rule to separate watched/unwatched shows Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:40 pm • by guillermo
Well I am not sure of the criteria, which is why I was asking the question.....fetching for ideas. I didn't know of a way so I was wondering if somebody here might. If it has to be done manually then i can do that.
guillermo

I don't know of any attribute to represent this. As mentioned, something like "date last opened" will tell you last time some application opened it but may not work for what you are trying to do. I think the best thing at this point is to manually mark/move it yourself.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Rule to separate watched/unwatched shows Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:14 pm • by sjk
Another option is to use a video manager app (e.g. iVideo) to organize and change attributes about them. Without content/format details it's hard to make specific suggestions that might best serve your purposes.
sjk

ok thank you for your suggestions. I will do it manually
guillermo

I too am interested in this. So far, "Date Last Opened" "is before" "Today" seems to be working for me. I may keep experimenting but that's a place to start.
spike1201

Return to Support