Ignore new files

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Ignore new files Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:56 am • by tkaufmann
Hi,

what seems like a basic task has become unresolvable for me. This is my problem:

I do all my file processing in a folder named Inbox. I set up a bunch of rules to move files which have not been used (DateLastOpened) for more than a week to various folders ("Archive", "Pictures", "Music" etc.).

Now, all my downloads go to my Inbox, too. Take an app which has been zipped by it's developer for example. When I extract it and the app has not been updated within the last week by it's developer, Hazel automatically moves it to my archive folders. As they are organized by year and month, I end up searching the log file to find out where the app went.

I've been trying to find metadata like "Date When File Was Created On Local Drive", but have not been successful. Then I thought something like "If Date Last Matched is blank set color label to somecolor" and "Skip files where color label is somecolor" could work. Yet, that would match any file created in my Inbox, undermining the whole setup. Something like "Date First Matched" could help. Or does anybody have another hint for me?

Thanks

Tim
tkaufmann

Re: Ignore new files Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:09 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Have you tried using "date added"? It's the date when the file was added to the current folder.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Ignore new files Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:17 pm • by tkaufmann
Uhm. Ahm. Sorry. Didn't see that. Thanks for pointing out.
tkaufmann

Return to Support