Going into subdirectory and moving folders to network shares

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Hi All;

I have a networked HP MediaSmart server in the basement.

The mount points for the HP Network Shares on the 3 macs are as follows:

/Volumes/Movies
/Volumes/TV

I am using SABNZB+ to handle downloads and folder naming, extraction and parity checking.

On two of the local mac computers, the directory where SABNZBD+ is /Users/cory/Downloads/complete
In that directory, the structure might look like this:

/Users/cory/Downloads/complete/TV
|
/Users/cory/Downloads/complete/TV/How I Met Your Mother
|
/Users/cory/Downloads/complete/TV/How I Met Your Mother/Season 1
|
/Users/cory/Downloads/complete/TV/How I Met Your Mother/Season 1/S01E21 - Milk
|
/Users/cory/Downloads/complete/TV/How I Met Your Mother/Season 1/S01E21 - Milk/How I Met Your Mother - S01E21 - Milk.avi

OR

/Users/cory/Downloads/complete/MOVIES
|
/Users/cory/Downloads/complete/MOVIES/Avatar (2009)
|
/Users/cory/Downloads/complete/MOVIES/Avatar (2009)/avatar.avi

In the case of the TV Episodes, i would probably have multiple Season folders and episodes in the folders.
I wouldn't want to overwrite any data.

how can I copy/move the files into the exact same structure across the network to the HP MediaSmart (which uses SMB)?
phybersplice

If you want to do this in a fashion where you constantly update the files at the destination, then it gets complicated and there are limitations now that will be addressed in a future version.

If you just want to do a one-time copy without ever updating the files (i.e. you do the copy and you either never copy again or you copy to a new folder with possibly a different name), then you can just have Hazel copy the topmost folders. If you need to go the other route, then it gets complicated (and won't necessarily work the way you want). I won't go into it unless you need it though since I'll have to type a lot more.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Mr_Noodle wrote:If you want to do this in a fashion where you constantly update the files at the destination, then it gets complicated and there are limitations now that will be addressed in a future version.

If you just want to do a one-time copy without ever updating the files (i.e. you do the copy and you either never copy again or you copy to a new folder with possibly a different name), then you can just have Hazel copy the topmost folders. If you need to go the other route, then it gets complicated (and won't necessarily work the way you want). I won't go into it unless you need it though since I'll have to type a lot more.

When Hazel is updated, can you update this thread?
I'd purchase a license at that point.
phybersplice

It's going to be a while and I don't think I'd remember with all that is going on to update this thread. I suggest subscribing to the twitter feed or watching the announcements forum.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Keep in mind this thread is outdated. You can use the Sync function now or a combination of move/sort into subfolder using the "source folder" attribute and the "replace" option in the sort action.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support