File deleted to fast...

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

File deleted to fast... Wed May 05, 2010 7:32 pm • by barros
Hi,

I have two rules to .nzb and .torrent files that open the files with Unison and Transmission and then move the file to Trash. The problem is with Unison the file is almost allways moved to the trash while the App is still starting and I get an error opening the file. In Transmission sometimes the file is downloaded to the Trash because that's where it's opened from.

Is there a way to tell Hazel to move the file to the Trash after a few seconds?

Hugs,
Barros
barros

Re: File deleted to fast... Thu May 06, 2010 12:23 pm • by Mr_Noodle
The problem with opening files is that there's no indication that the app is done opening it. So, yes, if you want to put in a pause, you can do a shell script like the following:

sleep 5

which would do a 5 second pause.

I'm considering adding a "pause" action built-in though right now you should report the situations where you'd need it in case it points to a deeper problem. Ideally, I'd prefer if the pause action were unnecessary but that can't always be accomplished.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: File deleted to fast... Mon May 17, 2010 5:34 pm • by Flynntargart
This might be a good fix for me too, here's the problem:

I have a script to save PDFs from mail, once saved Hazel marks them as new, then runs an apple script from PDFPen to break the multipage PDF into individual one page PDFs, then trash the original.

It works brilliantly every time if only one file is saved at a time. But if two or more are, it can't run two+ copies of the apple script so it just marks and trashes the second, third, etc file while the apple script runs on the first.

Would a wait after the apple script wait the trashing or the sequential file?
Flynntargart

Re: File deleted to fast... Wed May 19, 2010 2:27 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Hazel doesn't run those in parallel so something else may be going on. As with anything like this, you need to check the logs to see what is actually happening. Go to the "Info" pane and click "View Log". Post or email anything that may seem relevant there.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support