DEBUG: Did not match and rules.

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

DEBUG: Did not match and rules. Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:54 am • by byteshredder
I am using Hazel 4.0.9 and having trouble with a couple of rules that are not processing my files. When I go into one of these rules and click on the Preview button and then select a target file, the system says "Rule matches". When get out of edit mode on the rule and get back to the Folders tab view of all my Folders; I click on the "eyeball" icon under the Folders pane, the system shows me all the files in that folder and the files I expect the system to process are a "match" for that rule. However, when I turn on Debug mode and process the rule, the log file says "DEBUG: <filename>: Did not match any rules." for each of the files that I think this rule should have matched and processed.

What am I missing here?
byteshredder

Re: DEBUG: Did not match and rules. Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:15 am • by Mr_Noodle
Can you email all that info to support so I can take a look at it?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: DEBUG: Did not match and rules. Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:55 am • by byteshredder
The force is strong with you Mr_Noodle.

As I was documenting my rules and PDF forms with screenshots in order to send you details of my issue in an MS Word document, the problem went away. One of the un-expected behaviors in Hazel that I didn't mention before was that the rules that stopped working on my Download folder would become un-checked after I tried to force them to execute using the "Run Rules Now" command. This time when I checked the faulty rule "on" -- it ran and dutifully moved/renamed all the files associated with the rule. I'm not sure what changed, but I'm glad to report that Hazel is working as expected.

I would also like to add that the features that were added to latest version (like Preview) are well, well, well worth the upgrade. It greatly helps me to understand how Hazel sees the content of a given PDF file differently than a simple "Find" inside Acrobat Reader.
byteshredder

Re: DEBUG: Did not match and rules. Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:15 am • by Mr_Noodle
Rules shouldn't become unchecked when doing that. Are you sure that's when it's happening? They can become unchecked if you import or copy the rules.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support