Export .eml file as PDF

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Export .eml file as PDF Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:47 am • by bpy001
Hi all,

I'm using Hazel to "rename/sort into subfolders" the RAW e-mail messages I want to keep. Once the message is in the correct folder, I copy the filename of the .eml file, I open the .eml file using the Mail app, I perform "File --> Export as PDF" where I use the same filename as the original .eml file. Hazel now picks up the .pdf file and sorts it into the same folder where the .eml file is located. Now I have the .eml and the .pdf file in the same location.

Please find below an example of the resulting filenames:
2016-09-10 - 18.59.14 - Aankopen - Computer - iTunes - Mail.eml
2016-09-10 - 18.59.14 - Aankopen - Computer - iTunes - Mail.pdf

Can someone help me how I can automate the export AS PDF part using Hazel?

Thanks in advance,

Bob.
bpy001

Re: Export .eml file as PDF Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:28 pm • by Mr_Noodle
You'll need to use Automator or AppleScript to do that. Search around as you might find existing ones out there.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Export .eml file as PDF Wed May 25, 2022 6:57 pm • by millca
bpy001 wrote:Hi all,

I'm using Hazel to "rename/sort into subfolders" the RAW e-mail messages I want to keep. Once the message is in the correct folder, I copy the filename of the .eml file, I open the .eml file using the Mail app, I perform "File --> Export as PDF" where I use the same filename as the original .eml file. Hazel now picks up the .pdf file and sorts it into the same folder where the .eml file is located. Now I have the .eml and the .pdf file in the same location.

Please find below an example of the resulting filenames:
2016-09-10 - 18.59.14 - Aankopen - Computer - iTunes - Mail.eml
2016-09-10 - 18.59.14 - Aankopen - Computer - iTunes - Mail.pdf

Can someone help me how I can automate the export AS PDF part using Hazel?

Thanks in advance,

Bob.

Bob,

Did you ever figure out how to do this? I'd love to know the magic to get this to happen using Automator or AppleScript but also how to use Hazel to trigger them.

Christi
millca

Return to Support