Problems today with Hazel 4.4

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Problems today with Hazel 4.4 Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:44 am • by digitaldog
When I woke up my MacBook Pro today, Hazel popped a dialog saying my demo was over; odd, I have a license. I dragged and dropped it over the correct area and it activated. However, none of my Rules were found and there was a red warning triangle over every folder I've created. I imported all my saved rules. The triangle didn't disappear. Quit and relaunched and got this error: Rules for one or more folders are corrupt and could not be loaded.
Rebooted, imported rules again, no issue until I quit and restart Hazel, then the same error. Plus all previous imported rules disappear. I have no less than three backups of rules and none are accepted. Suggestions?

Running 10.11.6
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro10,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 16 GB

Seems at least a day ago or so, Hazel ran fine.
digitaldog

Re: Problems today with Hazel 4.4 Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:28 pm • by digitaldog
I deleted a folder from within Hazel, then 'relinked' it and now the red triangle is gone and I can load and use my rules. Weird. I then deleted all folders and relinked them, all now is fine. How and why this came about, I can't say. But the fix was simple and effective FWIW.
digitaldog

Re: Problems today with Hazel 4.4 Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:55 am • by Mr_Noodle
Next time it happens, hover over the red triangle and post/email the error that shows.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Problems today with Hazel 4.4 Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:45 pm • by theduke99
Mr_Noodle wrote:Next time it happens, hover over the red triangle and post/email the error that shows.

In my case it says the file couldn't be opened because there is no such file
theduke99

Re: Problems today with Hazel 4.4 Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:10 am • by Mr_Noodle
Can you email/post a screenshot?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Problems today with Hazel 4.4 Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:31 pm • by theduke99
yes. i can upload a picture but actually the problem turned into a 50/50 problem. i was able to rearrange all the folders i had kind of mixed up. I couldn't do that with the rules previously applied because it took hazel 15 sec to save a change.

But now i can't import the rules manually. I exported all rules into a backup folder. the rules import but they don't apply. the triangle with the ! stays behind the name of the folder after importing. after i reboot the computer the imported rules are all gone. the only rules hazel keeps are those who are written new. but that's not an option.
theduke99

Re: Problems today with Hazel 4.4 Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:30 am • by Mr_Noodle
It's probably best if you email in to support to delve into this further. Click the "Contact Support" button in Hazel's "Info" section and attach any relevant screenshots.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support