How can I backup Hazel

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

How can I backup Hazel Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:15 pm • by astechman
I have recently lost all my rules. I would like to know how to backup Hazel so that if I lose information in the future I may be able to recover it.
astechman

Re: How can I backup Hazel Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:45 am • by Mr_Noodle
[moved from the Forum/Site Discussion forum which isn't the right place for this type of thing]

Was there some event that caused the rules to disappear? Are you running any sort of cleaner software?

You should be backing up your Library folder as that's where all your apps store their settings and configurations. If you want to only back up Hazel's configs, then you can find the necessary info here: https://www.noodlesoft.com/kb/restoring ... m-backups/
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: How can I backup Hazel Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:31 pm • by astechman
Mr_Noodle wrote:[moved from the Forum/Site Discussion forum which isn't the right place for this type of thing]

Was there some event that caused the rules to disappear? Are you running any sort of cleaner software?

You should be backing up your Library folder as that's where all your apps store their settings and configurations. If you want to only back up Hazel's configs, then you can find the necessary info here: https://www.noodlesoft.com/kb/restoring ... m-backups/

Thank you Sir, not sure if I am missing something here, I don't see anything in Hazel that suggests 'Backup'. In your first sentence above are you referring to my routine computer backup, which I do with CCC? The URL that you sent only seems to delete rules and all!
astechman

Re: How can I backup Hazel Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:58 am • by Mr_Noodle
The link I sent was about restoring your rules from a backup. It shows which files you need to restore. You need to make sure you restore from a backup before this event occurred.

Also, if you could provide more info on the event that triggered this, I can better help in terms of finding other places to check for the files.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support