Hazel Attempting to Run Before Files Finish Downloading

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Any help? Is there a way to prevent this? It happens most on my mp3 rule which imports the files into iTunes and then changes the label color to red.

Thanks
-RL
SuperDodge

What program are you using to download the file? Hazel should detect this for most programs but some don't quite follow the rules (this is particularly true for cross-platform apps).
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

I am using Firefox. Is that the issue? I know I can add a rule that says date added is not in the last 2 minutes" or something like that. I was just hoping to have it happen as soon as possible and not two minutes after I clicked the link.

If this is a firefox issue, I guess that's what I'll have to do unless there is some other nifty way around it.

Thanks
-RL
SuperDodge

Firefox is odd in that it's not consistent. When it's behaving well, it will download the file with a .part extension which Hazel will see and treat accordingly. But there are times when it doesn't do that. I filed a bug a while ago but it doesn't seem to be a high priority bug for them. Actually, I think at one point they questioned whether it was a bug. Personally, I think behavior that is described as "inconsistent" and "unpredictable" would quality but maybe that's just me.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Since I am too entrenched with Firefox to switch, I am using a download manager now and that seems to work.

Thanks for the help
-RL
SuperDodge

Return to Support