Pause folders?

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Re: Pause folders? Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:23 pm • by gcoghill
Mr_Noodle wrote:Also, keep in mind that there is a separate feature on the list for 3.0 of a contextual menu for Hazel in Finder. You would be able to set up rules that would appear in that menu only (there's no folder as the rules are applied to whatever file you have selected in Finder). That would cover your "manual-only" request I believe.

So there would be a list of Rule sets that could be applied to any folder via right-click? I think that would suffice for my "manual" request. I am sure I could find a way to make it work.
gcoghill

Re: Pause folders? Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:43 pm • by Mr_Noodle
For the most part yes. Right click would have a Hazel sub-menu within which would be rules you could apply to the currently selected file. I'd need to think about whether the rules should have conditions (like only show the rules that match the currently selected file) or not.

Also, I'd want to use the new Snow Leopard Services feature to do this so there would have to be a decision about whether to require SL or not. Given that 3.0 is a ways off, it may not be too far fetched. I'll be keeping tabs on SL adoption over the coming months. If you want to "vote" in this manner, I suggest turning on the "Include anonymous system profile" option in the "Info" tab. This sends basic system information, including OS version, which helps me determine things like what OS versions to support.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Pause folders? Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:08 pm • by gcoghill
Would one be able to apply multiple rules as you can do for a folder in the current version? Or would it be one rule? I have "aging" rules via color labels, so it would be a pain to have to run each of them after one another.

As far as 10.6, the only thing holding me back is lack of compatibility form some 3rd party apps I use. I am sure they are being worked on for 10.6, and once updated I will be upgrading.
gcoghill

Re: Pause folders? Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:15 pm • by sjk
gcoghill wrote:As far as 10.6, the only thing holding me back is lack of compatibility form some 3rd party apps I use.

Wise to wait. :)

<vent>
I'll never understand the "logic" of people who upgrade the OS before they're sure apps they rely are compatible with it, and whine when developers aren't meeting their impatience with any necessary app updates. They act like the OS their currently using will suddenly stop running. :roll:
</vent>

I'm in no rush to install Snow Leopard on my Mac mini, probably waiting at least a 10.6.1 update is released. And my PPC Macs can't be upgraded.
sjk

Previous

Return to Support