Backing up DMG installers

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Backing up DMG installers Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:30 am • by DanielParadise
Hello, I bought Hazel after David Sparks talked about it on Mac Power Users and I was very interested in one of his stated uses. He said that he keeps backups of all his .dmg installers and that he copied them onto an external HD. My current rules scan my downloads folder, moved anything with a .dmg extension to another folder called "Installer Backups" then copies the file to my desktop and labels it blue. What I want, is that whenever I attach a certain external HD, any new contents within the "installer backup" folder, will be copied over to my external drive. I setup the rules and they match but the actions do not run immediately after plugging in my external drive. Is anyone else doing something similar and can give me any tips? Am I being too impatient or doing something wrong? Thanks in advance, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,
Daniel Paradise
DanielParadise

Re: Backing up DMG installers Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:47 pm • by Mr_Noodle
[BTW, I moved this topic from the Tips forum]

First off, check the troubleshooting article here: http://www.noodlesoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9

Also, make sure you are running the latest version (2.3.1 as of this writing). If you are still having problems, post (or email me) your logs as well as your rules.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support