"Date Added" attribute bug?

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

"Date Added" attribute bug? Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:19 pm • by gcoghill
I am attempting to sort my Downloads folder as such:

Today = green label
After today, red label
After 2 weeks, if not folder sort into subfolder with naming set to YEAR-MONTH with naming pattern based on 'Date Added'
After 6 weeks, if folder w/name pattern YEAR-MONTH, sort these monthly archive folders into yearly archive folders set to YEAR with naming pattern based on 'Date Added'

Here's the problem: if I change the "Date Added' attributes for either one of the two 'sort into subfolder' rules above, they both get changed. IN other words, when I set the Yearly archives date pattern to just the 'Year', the Monthly Archive rule also automatically changes behind the scenes to the same date pattern.

Is Hazel supposed to work this way, do I have my rules screwed up somehow, or is this a glitch?
gcoghill

Re: "Date Added" attribute bug? Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:40 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Did you copy one rule to make the other? If that's the case, then I can replicate it here and yes, it's a bug. I'll look into a fix for the next beta release. Good catch.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: "Date Added" attribute bug? Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:23 pm • by gcoghill
Mr_Noodle wrote:Did you copy one rule to make the other? If that's the case, then I can replicate it here and yes, it's a bug. I'll look into a fix for the next beta release. Good catch.

Can't recall if I did a drag/drop (from one folder to another) or if I did as a "duplicate rule' copy. Good chance I did both ;)
gcoghill

Re: "Date Added" attribute bug? Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:28 pm • by Mr_Noodle
This is now fixed in the latest beta (2.3.2b2). Go to the beta forum for details.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support