Stopping Growl Notifications for Trash Purging

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

I have a couple of Hazel items where I explicitly have a final step to do a Growl notification when they finish, and I use Growl's MailMe plugin to email me...it all works really well.

I also have Hazel's "Delete files sitting in the Trash" setting activated....but I get an unwanted Growl notification/email every time it purges a file from the Trash. I don't want this, but I don't see any way to turn it off. Any trick that I can use to disable notifications when the Trash is purged?

If not, please consider this an Enhancement Request for a checkbox called "Notify on Activation" or something like that, on Hazel's Trash tab, so we can disable those notifications if they're not wanted.

Thanks,
John
JohnDCCIU

In the Growl prefs, just uncheck the "Trash event" Growl notices when setting the prefs for Hazel within the Growl prefs.
gcoghill

Thanks! Sorry for being an idiot and the noise in the forum....I didn't pay enough attention to how the Growl prefs worked.
JohnDCCIU

Yeah, I just posted a question (and deleted it) about something that was covered in detail in the Help ;)

Always forget to look there…
gcoghill

Return to Support