Help with rules

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Help with rules Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:17 pm • by Opioid
I have two rules I would like help on.

The first Is this

I have set up a folder where Hazel is watching and when I drop a file in that folder it runs an automator action and spits the file onto the desktop. What I would like to do tho is put that file that I dropped into the Hazel watch folder back to it's original destination (not all files will be from the same folder) but I'm not sure if this is possible.

My second thing is that is there a way to have Hazel automatically watch a folder and automatically hide the extension for that file? If not that would be a pretty neat thing to have because I personally hate seeing extensions on my files.

Thanks!
Opioid

Re: Help with rules Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:44 pm • by sjk
Opioid wrote:My second thing is that is there a way to have Hazel automatically watch a folder and automatically hide the extension for that file? If not that would be a pretty neat thing to have because I personally hate seeing extensions on my files.

Already suggested in: hiding file extensions
sjk

Re: Help with rules Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:40 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Hazel has no way of knowing where a file came from so unfortunately, it can't do your first thing.

As for the second thing, you'd have to do write a script to do what you want. I'll keep it under consideration for future versions.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support