The Day Before Yesterday

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

The Day Before Yesterday Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:34 am • by halbtuerke
Hi,

how can I tell Hazel to process files that were created the day before yesterday?

Thanks in advance
halbtuerke

Re: The Day Before Yesterday Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:17 am • by Mr_Noodle
Do you actually need the day before yesterday in terms of times between midnight 2 days ago and midnight one day ago? Or do you just want files created say in the last 48 hours? Could you describe the actual case you are trying to implement?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: The Day Before Yesterday Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:58 am • by halbtuerke
Mr_Noodle wrote:Do you actually need the day before yesterday in terms of times between midnight 2 days ago and midnight one day ago? Or do you just want files created say in the last 48 hours? Could you describe the actual case you are trying to implement?

I actually need it in terms of times between midnight 2 days ago and midnight one day ago.

I have files from today which shouldn't be touched, files from yesterday which should be processed in some kind of way and files from the day before yesterday which should get deleted.

Thanks in advance
halbtuerke

Re: The Day Before Yesterday Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:52 pm • by Mr_Noodle
If you are just going to delete the files, is there something wrong with "Date created is not in the last 2 days"? Files will get processed as they hit the 2 day old mark instead of having all of them disappear at once at the end of the calendar day.

Otherwise, there's no real way to do it short of writing some script.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support