For those having hangs/crashes with 2.3 after upgrade...

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

I am trying to track down a problem. I believe it is related to folders on unmounted drives though I need more data to be sure. If you are running into this problem, please email me (especially if you have a crash dump) or post here.

Please include the following information:
- Are you experiencing a hang or a crash?
- Did you have any folders on external drives being monitored by Hazel?
- Did you have any deleted folders being monitored by Hazel?
- Are you getting a message claiming that your license is invalid?
- What version of OS X are you running?
- Do you see any errors in the logs?

As for the "invalid license" message, I think that's just a fluke triggered by this bug and shouldn't be a cause for alarm. In the meantime, you can downgrade to 2.2.4 via this link:

http://www.noodlesoft.com/Downloads/Hazel-2.2.4.dmg

I'll try and get a patch out as soon as possible though again, any info you can provide will help immensely. Also, if you would like to test the patch, email me.

Thanks.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

I'm experiencing the crash/hang.
I have 2 hard drives (4 partitions) in my MacBook Pro. I was monitoring the both the boot drive, and the extra drive. I'm not aware of any deleted folders being monitored.
I tried to install the update from within the program. It just hung. Then I downloaded 2.3 from your website and tried to install it. It gave me the invalid license line.
I'm running 10.5.7. I checked the log really quickly but didn't see anything. Feel free to send me the patch.
hankydysplasia

Ok, I have a beta patch for this. If you are interested in testing, email me at support. Once I get a good number of confirmations that it patch fixes the problem, I'll release 2.3.1 later today.

Thanks for all the reports. Also, please continue to send them in. There's a chance your bug may be different so don't assume that this patch fixes it.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Version 2.3.1 has just been pushed out. If you are affected by this problem, then download it from the main Hazel page.

Many thanks to all that sent in reports and helped test the patch.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support