batch torrent creation

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

batch torrent creation Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:58 pm • by elgallo
does anyone know of a way to batch create torrents? looking to make individual torrents of the contents of a folder. can't seem to figure anything out. any help would be greatly appreciated
elgallo

Re: batch torrent creation Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:31 am • by Mr_Noodle
I think the main part of this is not really Hazel related. It would probably involve scripting with other programs itself. Once you've done that part and are having problems integrating it with Hazel, post back here with the details.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: batch torrent creation Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:15 am • by NoodleNewbie
Hi: Today I successfully created torrent for 1 file (not batch processed them). As for me Hazel does not batch process, its too quick, it acts on the file immediately when matched conditions are met.

To create torrent for the 1 file I used ACTION>Run Shell Script>embedded script. The embedded script runs a py3createtorrent.py (a python3 script that handles all the torrent creation).

py3createtorrent.py documentation and sourced here:
https://bitbucket.org/rsnitsch/py3createtorrent
Usage:
py3createtorrent.py [options] <file-or-directory> <main-tracker-url>

embedded shell script is essentially 2 lines
line 1: change directory to where you created the workarea to create torrents e.g. py3createtorrent.py is saved to
line 2: execute py3createtorrent.py (same syntax as running it terminal, except full path of file name is replaced with "$1" (including quotation marks))

I am positive it should have cases for errors etc.. but I am not a programmer and very new to all this (shell script etc..), Hazel.
I hope this reply helps. Cheers
NoodleNewbie

Return to Support