Move folders

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Move folders Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:53 pm • by teco
Hello,
I've been reading on the boards (http://www.noodlesoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=466) and consulting the help and I still seem unable to do what I want.
I would find, in a folder with subfolders, all folders that contain music, and move the folders to 'Music'

Thanks for helping.
teco

Re: Move folders Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:36 pm • by Mr_Noodle
The main problem is having a rule that operates on a file affect its containing folder. Check out this thread: http://www.noodlesoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=135&p=1683

Midway through that thread, there is an AppleScript that shows how you can tell Hazel to "re-target" such that any actions executed after that script operate on a different file. In this case, it switches to the parent folder.

Try that and let me know if you need any more help.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Move folders Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:45 am • by jakelm
Hi Teco, this is my rules set to archive the same goal:

2 differents folders watched: folder DOWNLOAD and the final folder named MUSIC

The rules in folder DOWNLOAD :
1) if kind is folder THEN run rules on folder contents
2)if kind is music AND date last modified is not in the last 5 minutes (to prevent incomplete download to be moved) THEN move the files to folder MUSIC

The rules in the folder named MUSIC:
2) if date added is in the last 2 hours AND color label is not green (to prevent a loop !!) AND kind is music THEN
sort files in subfolders with pattern "authors--->albums" AND set color label green AND import files into iTunes AND send growl notifications with pattern "..." .
jakelm

Re: Move folders Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:44 pm • by teco
jakelm wrote:The rules in folder DOWNLOAD :
2)if kind is music AND date last modified is not in the last 5 minutes (to prevent incomplete download to be moved) THEN move the files to folder MUSIC

The rules in the folder named MUSIC:
2) if date added is in the last 2 hours AND color label is not green (to prevent a loop !!) AND kind is music THEN
sort files in subfolders with pattern "authors--->albums" AND set color label green AND import files into iTunes AND send growl notifications with pattern "..." .

Thanks...but in this way you move only the files, not the folders that contains files (.mp3)
teco

Return to Support