Automator: New email message, but do not attach the file

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

I have a rule set up to upload files (via an FTP droplet) to a server, and I want Hazel to run an Automator workflow which sends an email to the client to let them know it's been uploaded. It works great, but instead of prepping the email I specified in the workflow, the Body message I specified in the workflow is deleted, and the file which triggered the Hazel rule is attached to the message.

How do I set things up so that the file only triggers the rule/workflow, but doesn't attach the file to the email message?
gcoghill

Poking around, it seems you can set an action to ignore its input. Control-click on the action's title (in Automator) and select "Ignore Input". See if that works.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Mr_Noodle wrote:Poking around, it seems you can set an action to ignore its input. Control-click on the action's title (in Automator) and select "Ignore Input". See if that works.

Aha! That did the trick. Thank you very much, since that was technically not a Hazel issue.

Now, if I could just figure out why Automator doesn't use a default sig when creating that email…
gcoghill

Return to Support