Subfolders and ShoveBox

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Subfolders and ShoveBox Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:00 pm • by tgt
When I download an Archive containing a folder containing music files I would like Hazel to notice that a new folder has been created containing music files, import these files into iTunes and delete the folder which contained them. Since the name of the folder containing the files will vary I'm not sure how to do this.

I've managed to do the above part in italics, but I want the Apply Rules to Subfolder to only apply to certain rules. Is this possible? i.e. Although I want to sort music using the subfolder rule, I don't want the Date Sorting rule (which puts files into folders named by date, for example 2008-12) to run since this will create an endless group of folders within one another.

I would also like to know if its possible to import text files into ShoveBox when they are created? Or would I need a script to run in order to achieve this?

Thanks very much for your help
tgt

Re: Subfolders and ShoveBox Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:09 pm • by Mr_Noodle
There are a couple things you can do. One is to use the subfolder level. You can tell a rule to only apply to the top level (Subfolder depth is 0) for instance. Or you can match the names of the folder. Like you can have it only go into folders that do no match the date pattern.

I don't know about ShoveBox in particular but if it is AppleScriptable or has Automator actions, you can tie Hazel in via that.

If you need more specifics on how to do any of the above (or if the above suggestions aren't sufficient), let me know.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support