Music into itunes on an external drive

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Music into itunes on an external drive Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:01 am • by darkandlong
Been having a few problems getting Hazel to add files to itunes. The folder it is called 'Music Library' on an external drive.

I need to do the following:

Add any files added to Muisc Library in the last hour to itunes.

I have tried various combinations, but they all seem to produce unwanted side effects - Missing some deeply nested files or copying files into the iTunes library more than once so that it gets filled with duplicates (Seems to be something to do with the fact its an external drive).

Please can you give me a bullet proof set of rules to get this done.

Many thanks.
darkandlong

Re: Music into itunes on an external drive Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:37 pm • by Mr_Noodle
You mention "Missing some deeply nested files". Do you mean that you are dropping folders into "Music Library" and want Hazel to search inside them? Or is it getting some and not others?

As for the duplicates, it's hard to say without a few more details. If you could email me the following, I can better ascertain what's going wrong:

- Your rule that imports into iTunes (use the export function to write the rules out to a file).
- An excerpt from the logs showing the files being copied. Go to the "Info" tab and click "View Log". Search for specific file names that you know are being duped.

Also in the "Info" tab is a link to bring up a mail window so you can attach files to send.

Thanks.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support