A sort of subfolder confusion

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

A sort of subfolder confusion Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:32 pm • by horatioo
Hello, I hope someone here can help me out with this
I have searched and searched the support forms and read the subfolder sticky but need some guidance as i cannot get this to work

here is what i am trying to get accomplished

when i download a show to my desktop its usually in a folder with the name of the show along with some text file or subtitle file

lets name this show ninja and its inside folder is the file ninja.mkv with ninja.txt and subtitle.nfo
i made a separate rule for subfolders such as when downloaded to desktop following the subfolder sticky, when the show ninja has a new episode it takes the mkv file and transfers it to the right folder but whats left is useless text file and substitle file... whatever combo i try it will delete the contents but the folder is left, ruining the point as i still have to initiate the delete.. so my request is.. is there a way to make it so after the show ".mkv file" is moved to have Hazel delete the folder not just its contents?

Thank you in advance
horatioo

Re: A sort of subfolder confusion Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:06 pm • by Mr_Noodle
You'll need a rule to match the folder. Since the subfolder rule also matches folders, you'll need to make the rule be more specific and have it earlier in the rule list.

The rule itself should be something like:
Code: Select all
   If (all) are met
      Kind is folder
      If (all) are met for (all of its sub-files)
         Extension is not mkv

To do the nested condition, hold down option while clicking the + button to create a new condition. What this does is match folders that do not contain any mkv files. You may need to adjust this if you have other folders in there that you don't want thrown away.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support