Hazel not matching rules even after uninstall/reinstal

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Last evening while using Hazel to process statement downloads, it gradually stopped identifying the rule matches in folders, and eventually stopped matching altogether.

At first it would correctly match and process some but not all of the rules matching certain statement patterns. It would work correctly for awhile after I stopped and restarted Hazel.

Later though it stopped recognizing ANY rule matches, and starting/stopping Hazel didn't solve the problem. I tried rebooting the computer a couple of times, and even uninstalled and reinstalled Hazel. It's still not identifying any rule matches in any folder. Right now it is monitoring 7 folders with one to three rules per folder - not an overload.

I can attach screenshots if the admin will allow attachments here. Logs indicate Hazel is processing the folders, it's just missing the matches. (I click on the eyeball icon at the bottom of the Folders list in the Hazel screen to see what rules are matched in a give folder, and it doesn't show any matches even though there are clearly files in the folder matching the rule patterns)

Hazel Helper is running.

Please help - gotta have my Hazel back!
haleason

Did you email about this? If so, please only do one or the other (email or post in the forums). From here on out, let's continue this in email so you can send me the appropriate attachments.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support